Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Unusual Alternative Training

Last weekend I substituted traditional Ironman training for a little unusual alternative training...since you can not detect my sarcasm I will let you know that I am laying it on thick with that last statement. I actually did no swimming, biking, or running. I did do standing, walking, and throwing. What is this workout that I speak of? It is called working the merchandise tent at Lollapalooza music festival for your brother-in-law’s company, also know as slave labor. Actually it’s not that bad if you enjoy standing on your feet all day, pacing up and down a 100 foot path, and throwing t-shirts through the air as if you were working the Seattle Fish Market. This process was repeated for three days and it gets better every year that we go. Amid working in the hot merchandise tent, we were able to watch some great bands. The big names included Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals (viewed from the front row in the photographer’s section), Amy Winehouse, Muse, and the rock gods known as Pearl Jam...you may have heard of them. It was a fun and successful weekend and my legs felt as if I had run a couple marathons. We traveled home on Monday and traditional training commenced soon after our arrival. Back at it for a week until the two week taper...my favorite part of training.

No comments: