Tuesday, September 04, 2007

We’re Going to KONA!!!!

Before I even begin to discuss my own Ironman Louisville experience there is a special person who needs her story to be told first. My sister came in first in her age group (F18-24)!!!! She qualified for the Ironman World Championship in Kona, Hawaii and accepted her spot. She trained for Ironman Louisville with the hopes of getting that one coveted spot in her age group to go to Kona and she did just that. She stayed focused over the months of training and never wavered. She just stayed strong and steady and got faster and faster. Her race plan was perfect and she executed it all the way to the finish. It gives me goose bumps every time I think of the accomplishment she has achieved. I am so proud of her setting this seemingly “impossible goal”, going out there and racing her race, and achieving it no matter what anyone else thought or said about it. She’s my hero.

Monica YOU are and IROMAN!!
Monica YOU are going to KONA!!
Monica WE are coming to KONA TOO!!

I can’t wait to be part of the “support crew” in Kona. Our tickets have been booked and we are counting down the days until we get to hear that oh so sweet “Monica YOU are an IRONMAN” again. You’re awesome....now go break eleven.

1 comment:

skoshi said...

Hey there,
I don't know if you'll see this comment as you posted a while ago, but I hope you do.
I found your blog while looking to see who had posted the same books I had--a bit of a disappointment, as I posted truly cool books, that no one else mentioned. Becoming an Ironman was probably the most popular/well known one. Anyway, I liked your blog title, music and movies, so I took a look.
I actually saw your sister finish on Ironman Live video, while waiting for my friends to come in at IMKY. She is probably the ONLY person that I didn't know that I remember, because she was young, and had such a good time. Congratulations!!
I used to live in Hawaii and used to go over to Kona to watch the Ironman in the late 80's (Paula Newby Frasier and the famous Dave Scot/Mark Alan duel). I was just there in June to do the Honu Half Ironman. It will be hot and humid. I don't know what KY is like, but something to prepare for. Thanks for the enthusiastic blog entry. BTW--Lollapalooza sounds totally fun, although my legs would have been dead after spending all day wwalking up and down in a booth. Best of luck to your sister and have a great time in Kona.