Thursday, January 31, 2008

The New Year The New YOU

Ok my last post was November 12th, 2007 and at the end I said “more Kona experiences to follow.” Here it is more than two months later and I haven’t posted another single “Kona experience”. I think it is just time to move on and just post something...anything! I’ll close my thoughts on IM Kona 07 with this. It was unbelievably awesome and I might actually be racing in it next year since my brother & sister gave me a lottery entry for Christmas. I guess I’ll know if I need to really start training come April 15, 2008 when the winners are announced. Besides the possibility of racing Kona, 2008 will be "The Year of the Half" for me. Currently I have two half's that are for sure. Other than those, the schedule is open.

For now though I haven’t been doing any triathlon related training and it’s been a nice break. Instead I have been doing some weight training to get ready for the upcoming year and for something completely different I have taken up Muay Thai. It’s great too! For an hour & half you get beaten & bruised. It also gives you a heart pounding workout. I’m starting to get used to the movements & the pace, but after the first couple of weeks I was hurting bad. I’m signed up until March so we’ll see if the beatings will continue when we get there. For now I’m back...hopefully more consistently this time...I think I’ve said before...oh well.

No comments: