Thursday, April 17, 2008

I’m Not Going to Kona...Yet

My brother & sister had purchased me a Kona lottery slot as a Christmas present & as many of you Ironman junkies know, this past weekend the 150 Kona lottery winners were announced. I unfortunately was not one of them. I can’t believe I didn’t get a spot! I mean I was only going up against about 8,000 other people. Seriously though it was pretty fun thinking about the possibility of racing in the Ironman World Championship for the last three & a half months, but it just wasn’t meant to be. I’ll get there one day, someway, somehow.

After keeping track of my sister’s Ironman Arizona race throughout the day this past Sunday, I finally got back in the mood to really start training again. So thanks Monica. I also believe that watching a live Ironman finish line video feed cures all “I-don’t-wanna-train-itis”. If you really need to up the motivational factor, wait until the last 30 minutes that the course is open to tune in. If that doesn’t help then I don’t know what will get you into training. That's all for now. Consistency is key.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

That's so true, both about the finish video as well as the consistency part. One day at a time :)

As for that Kona slot, keep entering the lottery - I know three people who have won! It's more likely you might get it than you think.