Monday, July 16, 2007

mmmmm.......Brisket

What perfect day for a ride. The weather was perfectly clear and the temperature was just right. I was setting out again to meet the hills of the Ironman Louisville course once again. My ride partner would be none other than “Mr. Bobby Flay” (my brother-in-law). We did the loop and this time when we were finished I felt awesome. Not at all like the last time when I wanted to throw up after getting beaten up by the hills & wind. This time was different. This time I walked away with a little more confidence and a lot more energy. When I got home I still wanted to get after it, so I went for a run, expecting that the mid-day heat would quickly take its toll on me and I would call it a day, but not today my friends. Today I was strong and today I felt great.

The day would only get better because "Mr. Bobby Flay" was going to be serving up some smoked brisket...mmmmm. We sat patiently as it was slowly cooked to perfection and absorbed the masterfully crafted rub and mop sauce...the anticipation building. The moment of truth finally arrived and…..spectacular! A tip of the hat to Mr. Flay, your prowess on the grill is something to be marveled at.

2 comments:

Teni said...

Could there be nothing better than a good workout day and a perfect meal. Been reading your blog and man you are ironshape.

Murph said...

Correct my friend. The reward for hard work is FOOD. Thanks for reading and good luck with your training.